Walkley Reform Club

 

Memorial Window

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Photographs on this page courtesy of A.K.A. Demik

 

Waiting image of Roll of Honour

 

Walkley Reform Club was opened on 21st October 1909 by Sir William Holland Bart JP. The first President was councilloer W. Appleyard.

Inscription of plaque on wall as you enter reads

These premises were presented to Walkley by councillor Walter Appleyard Esq. as a new years gift January 1919 in commemoration of the Glorious Victory of Great Britain and her allies in the Great War 1914-1918 and dedicated to the Right Honourable David Lloyd-George Prime Minister in grateful recognition of the magnificent services rendered to the nation in the most crucial period of its history.

 

Click here to view the names on the Roll of Honour

Click here to view the names on the Memorial window

 

 

 

© Copyright 2010 - 2016 Dean Hill and Stuart Reeves