St John the Baptist
Owlerton

 

 

St Johns Roll of Honour

This memorial contains the same names as Owlerton Church War Memorial, commemorating the men of Owlerton.

 

From Canon Odoms Memorials of Sheffield –
The War Memorial in the South aisle consists of a finely carved oak frame of Gothis design on the panels of which are the names of 244 men who fell in the Great War. The cost was £75.
A War Memorial Hall was opened in 1926 at a cost of £5,000.
In 1920 the white marble step on which the communion table stands was presented “To the glory of God and in memory of Oliver Jackson and Corporal Edwin Kackson, 2nd York & Lancs; Easter; 1920.”

 

 

 

 

Click here to view the names on the Roll of Honour

 

 

 

© Copyright 2010 - 2016 Dean Hill and Stuart Reeves