St Lawrence Tinsley

 

Thank you to Michael Gardner for this image

 

From Canon Odoms Memorials of Sheffield
The War Memorial on the north wall consists of a handsome marble tablet bearing fifty-five names, with the inscription: “To the Glory of God and in grateful and honoured memory of the Tinsley men who laid down their lives for their Country in the Great War 1914-19. Erected by parishioners and friends.”

 

Also there is a small plaque over the inner porch in the south side of the church, it states –
TO THE GLORY OF GOD AND IN GRATEFUL MEMORY OF THE TINSLEY MEN WHO LAID DOWN THEIR LIVES IN THE GREAT WAR 1914-1919
This oak screen was erected by parishioners and friends Sept. 21st 1925.

A soldiers memorial fund was set up soon after the end of the hostilities in 1918 and the plaque was dedicated on February 20th 1921.

 

 

Click here to view the names on the Roll of Honour

 

 

 

© Copyright 2010 - 2016 Dean Hill and Stuart Reeves