Hatfield House Lane Methodist
Shiregreen

 

 

 

Waiting Image

 

In the year 1928 electric lighting was installed in the chapel, an item of expenditure which came on top of another projected plan to install a new organ. The organ was opened on October 27th by Mrs E. Baker, and Mr Harold Marsden, F.R.C.O., of Rotherham, gave a recital the same evening. The following day, Sunday, another recital was given by Mr Arthur Littlewood, A.R.C.O., and on the following Sunday the Shiregreen Harmonic Society gave a rendering of the oratorio ‘Elijah’. The organ was built by Messrs. Bower and Dunn of Sheffield and was entirely new except for the case, which was that which housed the old organ. The instrument was dedicated as a memorial to the men who lost their lives in the World War ( 1914 – 1918 )

There was also a roll of honour at Hatfield House Lane Methodist Church that hung in the porch until the seventies, does anyone know where this is now ?

 

 

 

Click here to view the names on the Roll of Honour

 

 

 

© Copyright 2010 - 2016 Dean Hill and Stuart Reeves